Long post as I have had to bring progress up to date.
Work began in earnest this month Robs men welded up my sub chassis to my specifications
This was its maiden flight
Perfect fit thanks Graham
Thought I should show willing and do a bit myself....the truck has only done 30000Km and is in very good condition. The two main areas of rust are the battery box "behind the front wheel where all the road muck gets kicked up"
Fitting new bushes in the torsion bar was fun :-)
When you look at them you think they cant fit but lots of silicone lube and a gear puller worked
Battery box and two new batteries
Well then I had to get stuck into the design I used Solid Works for this process it turns out it's very similar to another program I used to use called Pro Desktop. My design starts with a philosophy this is
Short as possible to get everything in!
Narrow as possible to get everything in!
Light as possible to carry everything we need!
Weight as low down as possible to aid stability!
I am aiming for an extreme road vehicle rather than an off road vehicle!
You and the Weighbridge will judge me when I'm finished.
I haven't Done a tap yet but already feel the need to thank some people.... Very good website links here. Neil and Pat well on with their truck and my first port for a question or advice. Technical, technical, technical from Steve, Stewart and Brian.
First job take it to my friend Rob's engineering business to have the back removed the chassis shortened and the underslung spare wheel holder taken off
This is the first view I got of the truck
I think it was love at first sight...... just like when I met the wife :-).