Wednesday, 27 August 2014

Front Mudguards

I removed these from the truck to give access to the front axle.  They were bent weathered and had suffered from overspray.

First job I set too with my ancient Black and Decker paint stripping gun to straighten them, this takes time and it is best to work on the inside as the heat can mark the surface.  The process however worked well.
I then searched on the internet about bumper restoration and didn't turn up much....I decided to try a repaint with kit from Halfords.
I cant rotate the pic, sorry
I am a fan of sugar soap as a degreaser/cleaner so started with that,then the wipes then the primer which you dont spray on but use to wipe off!
A few coats of paint involving another trip to Halfords for another can and I am more than pleased with the results.





Wednesday, 20 August 2014

More Rear Axle

Big gap in work on the truck over the summer....can you believe folks go on holiday at this time of year......oh yes so did I.  The axle is now looking in better nick

I think the prep work was worth it

Front axle...back axle....oh yes now the bit inbetween.